Monday, October 04, 2010

a letter to monday


Dear Monday,

Today you are cold. And dreary. And gray. I'm trying really hard to not hold that against you, for I know that you can't always be sunny, warm, and clear.

I am noticing that I'm not feeling terribly motivated today. I'm barely feeling motivated at all. At first I wanted to blame all of it on you. But I'm trying not to make such quick assumptions.

The lack on motivation may be just a tiny bit due to you. But most of it's all mine. I'm trying to think of where the lack of motivation is coming from. I think I've come up with a few possibilities:

1. I spent three quick days in Philly. Two of which were realllly intense mentally, and just reallly intense emotionally. Working of my biz also meant I was working on my stuff. Not so easy.

2. Schedule is off. Sleep. Work. Workout. Yoga. Meditation. All of it.

3. I've been super busy getting all the details for Mexico in place and now it's here. It's a new thing. It's a really big thing. I think part of me knows I need to be conserving myself this week in order to be what I want and hope to be in Mexico.

4. Eating habits. I've been doing so super great with eating foods that are helping me to feel great. Some of that got thrown off while traveling and since being back. Not to the degree that it has in the past. But a little.

5. Not using time appropriately. I did spend about 4 hours yesterday with Andy and our BFF couple friend. But I spent the majority of the day working. I should have rested. And renewed. I didn't.

6. Driving. Monday is usally my day not to drive. Since I'm leaving town again I had no other choice. I'm at the studio now doing things. Phooey.

So this is what I'm needing from you Monday.

I need for you to help me to get the things done that need to be done. And I need to get them done sooner rather than later. I don't wait to enter Mexico feeling rushed.

I need to spend time with Andy. Maybe we can go to the library this evening. Maybe I can cook us a nice meal. Then we can work on the puzzle that's scattered all over our kitchen table.

I need to do something nice for me today that doesn't involve work or taking care of anybody else. Time to journal. A nice hot bath. A nice yoga practice. Going to bed early and reading for pleasure.

There, I think that's it. Just help me get a few work things done. Help me spend time with Andy. And time with myself.

If I can do these things I'll surely start Tuesday (your friend) off feeling much better then today. I promise to appreciate you today. And not be upset about your gray sky. And cool air. You are still beautiful.

1 comment:

Dr. Leigh Ann Simmons said...

love it! and enjoy mexico sweet friend!