Sunday, October 03, 2010

day 2 of buisness retreat

My second and last day of the business retreat went really well. I did want to backup to the first day for just a moment. Clearly Thursday was a full day. By the time I left at 5:30 my head was literally swimming with thoughts, ideas, aha's, and frustrations (like most good learning opportunities).

When I left Michael Port's house I went directly and got a massage. Walked in at 5:45 and was on the massage table at 6:00. It was probably the best decision I could have made for myself. I knew that I needed to get out of my head. What better way than grounding myself back into my body?

It was still a challenge to let the thinking go. Actually the biggest challenge ever in this area for me. Usually I can be so very present in a massage. Not so much this day. But nonetheless it did the trick. My body and my mind thanked me immensely. They told me so. :)

I left here and went across the street and got a new 2011 planner to map out the next 12 months. I wanted to get started on this plus I wanted to be prepped and ready for day 2.

Day 2 was spent on marketing of products and services. We discussed the most important places to focus time and effort. This is a very specific process that Michael has. Which again wasn't so easy for me.

Process = Rules = Constraints
All of which mean less freedom for me.
Ick.

Holes in his system? Not so much.
Holes in my mind? Perhaps. :)

Clearly I'll need to approach this system in a much different mindset. And I will. I'll find a way that it will work for me and that I can feel good about. Cause I know it's something I need to do.

A powerful yoga analogy for the day (in speaking about all the marketing/networking stuff) was practice and nonattachment. I have in my notes:

"Be attached to the process. Be attached to creating discipline.
Be unattached to the outcome."
So very yogic.

Practice and nonattachment, that's the way the ancient yogis told us to approach life on and off that mat.

We worked on specific projects for our business. In creating tables, time lines, lists, and so on. We explored steps for implementation.

Finishing time actually came a little early. Again, full minds were had by all. We decided to put the notes away. Open a bottle of wine. Hang out. Chill out. Enjoy each other's company. And eat the most amazing meal prepared right there at Michael's house by a really amazing chef.

Two super intense days.
Super happy I went.
Feeling so excited about the future of Barefoot Works.
Which is a big reminder of how very blessed I am.
And I thank you.
Always.

No comments: