Monday, October 25, 2010

day 14 yoga teacher training - tulum mexico


This is the day the tears came for me. Our final, full day as a group.

We start with our last group asana practice. At 7:00. We get an extra 30 minutes to sleep with the intensity of Friday + temalzcal, which people usually experience deep sleep afterwards.

One. Last. Practice.
It was a practice that was all about the joy. All about the bliss.

I shared a quotes that inspires me on the path of teaching by Albert Einstein,
"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge."

We inhaled and received joy for ourselves and this journey.
We exhaled and shared this joy with our new friends/yoga teachers surrounding us and future students.

Of course there was a joyful playlist for the occasion with the likes of Bob and Ziggy Marley, Michael Franti, Michael Jackson, and so on.

There were songs of leaning on me, creating change, three little birds, one love, you and me, imagine, being there for me, and so on.

There was an impromptu dance party in the middle of asana.

It was totally inspiring and beautiful.

At the end of class I shared my most fave poem of all, The Journey by Mary Oliver. Stated that this was the end of this particular journey, but just the beginning for all of us.

We closed with an Om...
One last time to open our eyes and connect with every one else with brand new radiant eyes and heart.
Silent namastes.
Full hearts.

A few tears for me. I'm giving myself full permission to allow myself to feel the full range of my emotions. In this moment my heart is flooded with love.

Again....
we dance.
One more time around the pool, with each other, in small circles, a large circle where we each danced through and celebrated whomever was in the circle.

We eat. Then chat business up until lunch. A few hours are reserved for celebrating, receiving, and experiencing what ever we are needing.

Pictures are taken on the beach. Like the one above taken by the very talented photographer enthusiast and yoga teacher Martin Husch.

We come back together at 5:30 for our closing celebration.
Which deserves a whole post dedicated to itself.

More to come....

No comments: