Sunday, March 27, 2011

the thing i'm needing most right now


I slept in late this morning. I woke up a couple of times but then I did that awesome thing where you simply roll over and nestle deeper into the warm, cozy covers. Finally I was awake and I simply laid there in bed feeling my breath. Observing how easy it was to breathe. Observing the peace of my breath when my mind hasn't been jostled around by the events of the day.

I lay in my bed and pull the curtains aside and see snow on the ground. March 27 and we have snow. But I am jettiin' off on a quick trip to the beach with BFF later this evening. I'd be lying if I didn't say the snow makes the beach trip feel even more delicious. Laying in the coziness of my bed I thought about my soon to come beach trip.

Of course I thought about what we plan to do which is mostly nothing but take uber long walks on the beach, lay out by the pool, read on the beach, eat and drink deliciousness, and have fun together.

A recent reading by Jennifer Louden led me to this question, what is the one thing I need more of these days? Beautiful, important question. After several weeks of being so in my head I am needing to be in my body. And I am needing movement. After a loooonnnnggg cold Kentucky Winter I am needing to be reunited with my love, the beach.

I need to be where I can roam in a tank top and fip flops. I need to feel sand on my feet. I need to smell the ocean air. And feel the warm breeze on my skin. I need to move my body along the edge of the sea, look out into the vastness of the water and feel appreciation, love, and reverence for nature. And appreciation, love, reverence for my life. I need to connect to the sun, my soul, and BFF too.

E.E Cummings words always come to mind. The words that I adore so very much that I committed to memory last year....

I thank you God for most this amazing day.
For the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a true blue dream of sky.
For everything which in natural,
which is infinite,
which is yes.....


These words to me equal reverance and appreciation. That's what I'm needing most these days. If you too have been feeling a little off I encourage you to ponder the same question...

What is it the one thing I need more of in my life right now? When an answer arises think of how you can spend some time beginning today gifting yourSelf with that which your body, mind, and/or heart desires.

**Photo (of a phots) of me and BFF over the years...same beach we'll visit this week, college graduation, and Dominican Republic.**

PS - I wont be taking my laptop to the beach (also need to "unplug") but my hope is to write and schedule blog posts today. My hope, that is. ;)

No comments: