Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Winter Walk


"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather." John Ruskin

I braved the cold this morning (think cold like 15 degrees) to go out and take some shots of the snow. I'm not a fan of cold, 15 is just not an appropriate number for the temperature. My original plan was to hop into my little box car and drive over to the park and take some pictures. I had keys in hand and everything, but then I started to feel a bit (or a lot) lazy. I mean, the park is probably one a third of a mile away from my house. I convinced myself that the cold would be "exhilarating", just as the above quote states. So off I went, trudging down the sidewalk with my furry boots on. Quite quickly I came across this beautiful bird perched in a tree. Luckily I had my super lens on and what able to get a good close shot of him. I was immediately happy that I'd decided to walk instead of drive, as I would have missed this darling little gal. Makes me wonder how many more things I've missed out on, just because I've taken the easy or most convenient route....hmmm, something to ponder.

On another note, I'm going to make these chili cheese fries and macho nachos for a super bowl gathering today. Wishing you all a super, super bowl Sunday :-)











No comments: