Sunday, February 25, 2007

An authentic life..



There's a great interview with Grace Paley in this month's Oprah magazine. Grace was asked about her beliefs on living an authentic life and what is means. This is her response, "I guess a life that's truthful, where you don't bullshit. You're alive. You don't do work that you hate. You do things you believe in. That's authentic. It's just being yourself, that's all." Perfectly said...

Here are a couple of my favorite things I've been checking out on the web:

*Take a look at this site and check out the photos in portfolio 1 for the brightest, most magnificent colors that you can imagine.

*And 3191 - this is a fantastic photoblog. On the homepage it says, "we are stephanie and mav. we live 3191 miles apart. we like to get up early". I love the simplicity of the whole thing...the site, the photos that are so simple and basic, yet so moving. This site has inspired me to take more still life photos, like my chocolate chip pancakes that I made for breakfast Friday morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog Sharon, and I haven't bothered to tell you that yet, even though I have read them throughout the past month. They always pick me up in the middle of the workday. See you in class tomorrow! Sarah

Sharon Tessandori said...

Perfect! Don't we all need a little "pick me up" and inspiration during the day?! I'm glad you're enjoying the blog.