Friday, February 09, 2007

I'm a little teapot...


This is my creation from week 2 of my pottery class! I get so excited to think that I made this from clay, with my very own two hands! This piece took a bit longer than the pot I made last time (three hours), as it had a few more elements. Lots more coils, a technique in which you roll the clay with your hands (I think of coils as snakes and worms). I think I can really get into this pottery stuff. I may have to convert my craft room into my very own little pottery studio.
I'm busy taking care of some last minute details for my yoga workshop with the "moms day out" gals. I've baked some yummy chocolate chip cookies for an after workshop treat, made copies of the special sequence I came up with, "Mommies Do Yoga Everyday", and the yoga blankets are all freshly laundered. I need to get to the studio soon to get it tidied up, light some candles and get things ready. I want to make the studio extra cozy for this special group of moms and offer them a wonderfully relaxing evening of yoga and girl time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Sharon, this is quite lovely. It is beautifully balanced, warm, inviting and such good energy - it reminds me of you! SC