Sunday, February 18, 2007

Simple pleasures


"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra
We went to Holly Hill Inn today for brunch to celebrate a friend's birthday. This was the table that we sat at. Isn't it just beautiful? I was so excited that Andy and I were the first to arrive and there really wasn't anyone else at the Inn at this time. So I had a couple moments to roam around and take a few photos. It seems that the thing for me to photograph lately has been windows and sunlight (I just realized that I mention the sunlight at the coffee shop from Fridays post). These are the things that I notice...how the sunlight streaming through a window can create such a dreamy mood. And my fave is old windows in old houses. I roam around my house at different times of the day taking photos of windows and the rooms. This giant window at Holly Hill Inn was just gorgeous. I also love the sheer curtains and how they allow just enough sunlight to filter in and if you look closely, you can see the shadow of a tree on the wall hangings.
This has been one of my simple pleasures lately. What's yours?

No comments: