Tuesday, August 03, 2010

today's remedy

Today's remedy was teaching yoga....hands down. I had a pretty hectic, mind here, there, and all around sorta day. My day went like this:
7:00 - 8:30: wake, run, yoga, shower
8:30 - 9:00 respond to emails work on
9:00 - 12:00 walk to coffee shop in Nicholasville...work on august newsletter and checking in with teacher trainees for Mexico coordinating coursework prior to arriving in Mexico, talk with Teresa about a Sanskrit session on conf. call with said trainees, text Lisa about meditation call with said trainees.
12:00 - 12:30 walk home and enjoy a yummy lunch of toast, avocado, hummus, tomato, cucumber
12:30 - 1:00 finish and email newsletter, email with mexico trainees, process payments
1:30 - 2:00 review anatomy and physiolgy for ayurveda module. feel a little scared about today's talk with teacher.
2:00 - 2:45 skype with ayurveda teacher, review homework and quiz for module 2. goes much better than I anticipated.
3:00 - 3:30 leave for studio
3:30 - 4:00 happy to see Meredith, catch up, sign in students for teen yoga
4:00 - 5:00 go to Panera to do work while teen yoga is happening. Have a terrible cappucino (note to self never order this from here), work on breaking down nearly 200 pages of yoga teacher training material for Mexico into four documents to put on online forum. files are too big. or I'm in the wrong place. And there is a man at the table next to me gagging into a napkin what feels like every thirty seconds, making it really hard to suck down the nasty capucinno. I'm definately getting a little sick to my stomach. I get a break when he goes out to smoke. I try not to make judgements. It's hard. I want to tell him about ayurveda. I opt not to and continue with no success in getting manual uploaded.
5:00-5:15 arrive back at studio. chat with the cute yogi's, say good bye to Meredith
5:20 first student arrives for 5:45 class. It's time....lets do this!

5:30 - 9:00 teach yoga class and go over teacher evaluation. Thank you sweet students. Thank you for coming to the studio and working to bring peace and ease to your body, mind, and spirit. On a day like today in which I felt so scattered and so all over the place you provided me an opportunity to get outta my thinking head (in a way that wasn't feeling so good) and focus on you.

You gave me a job, a very fulfilling and rewarding job....and once again I finished teaching yoga and felt such peace. I love my job so much. Thanks for the reminder. It's truly appreciated.

No comments: