Monday, August 23, 2010

bhakti yoga that resulted in general giddiness

When humans participate in ceremony, they enter a sacred space. Everything outside of that space shrivels in importance. Time takes on a different dimension. Emotions flow more freely. The bodies of participants become filled with the energy of life, and this energy reaches out and blesses the creation around them. All is made new; everything becomes sacred...
~ Sun Bear


This weekend was pure joy. Loved. All. Of. It.

Friday night we hosted a session at the studio on mantra meditation and kirtan. Pankaj, who is living in Louisville joined us again with a monk. This was Pankaj's second visit at Barefoot Works. We had a small intimate group of 10. We sat in a circle. We sang. And Mandhu chatted about the Bhagavad Gita. It is so very interesting to me. All. Of. It. Again.

Loved it so much that I knew I wanted to hear and experience more. Lucky for me they were going to Shelli's studio the next night. I decided to change my schedule around a wee bit to go. The plus side was seeing Shelli, participating in her monthly sadhana practice (from 5:00 till 7:30...in the morning folks!), having a slumber party, and helping her with the graduation of her new training class.

Pankaj and Mandhu presented the Bhagavad Gita in a way that was new to me (their teacher and teachings here). Some of what they shared I've been pondering a lot...wheels have been spinning in my mind. The great thing is, I don't have to share their views, I don't have to have all the answers. You know why? Because I get to choose! Yay...it's good to be human.

What I choose is to be in the juicy flow of life. To go in the direction of feeling peace-full and expansive (yoga speak for feelings of general giddiness). And when I experience that deep inner joy, that inner giddiness(even if only for a few moments) my whole life opens up and everything seems possible.

My experiences over the weekend left me feeling so full of life, so full of light, so very good. That's what I'm consciously working with today. To continue doing things, thinking thoughts, and taking actions in ways that lend themselves to staying connected to love, staying in the light. Enjoyin' all of it and not taking a single second of it for granted.

Wishing the same for you. Happy Monday. :)

No comments: