Tuesday, August 26, 2008

sometimes when i sit


It's bliss. Like yummy ice cream and a cherry on top. It's real and it's authentic. I find answers and I find peace.

Other times it goes something like this....

As I go to cross my legs I notice how pretty my nail polish is...
And we're off....

Wow, I really love this nail polish.
I never fancied myself for being a lover of brown polish.
But this is great.
I'm so glad Tracy turned me on to it.
She wore it in Mexico.
Ahhh sweet Mexico.
I do miss you Maya Tulum.
I can't wait to see you again next year.
I wonder what the weather is like there today.
There's still four more days for people to register
and save 10%.
I wonder how many have signed up?
Oh crap, "Thinking"

Inhale.
Exhale.
Repeat.

My palms are resting down on my knees.
Maybe I should have them facing up?
I could use a little wink from the universe
and be open to her guidance.
No, just stay here.
Is there a bug on my face
or is it just my hair?
I really feel the urge to move it.
Don't Sharon it's just your mind playing evil
little tricks on you.
You know that,
you are a yoga teacher after all.
Come on get with the program.
Oh shit, "Thinking" again.

Inhale.
Exhale.
Repeat.

How about you....what goes on when you sit?

1 comment:

jaime said...

hahahaha, oh exactly! This morning was, ah, breath, feel the breath at the nose, c'mon now, you've done this before, oh, there goes a thought...breathe...I really like how it feels when I really empty my mind, urgh, that was a thought...blech, nonjudgment, remember...argh! stop thinking! breathe...was I being judgmental? :-P