Monday, March 12, 2007

Your calling



Last night I pulled a book off my shelf to re-read. The book is titled "The Circle of Simplicity" and I highly recommend it. As I was browsing through the pages I found a folded article that I had torn out of a magazine in 2004. It was my horoscope for 2004. As I read it I thought, "Hey, I'm doing this...all of this." And it was just a really great feeling. It read, "The real reason you're feeling psychically fatigued, whether you realize it or not, is that you are making big changes, leaving behind what isn't working and finally learning to take risks. Now you're ready for a real life adventure. Cosmic patterns forecast a work project that will make dreams come true and put your name in lights (so this is a stretch, do you think being on channel 18 with Lee Cruse counts). And, having learned that living by other people's opinions never works for you, you'll live by your own rules." Later that year, I attended my first yoga teacher training.

Today was my last class of a 10 week session with a local high school football team. I loved that at the end of the class the coach asked, "How many of you feel more flexible? How many of you feel stronger? How many of you have been able to squat with more weight? And bench press more weight? And how many of you saw your numbers for vertical jump go way up?" And all across the cafeteria, hands just kept going up. It was really great that they've done pre and posts testing with the players and feel 100% that yoga was the training that made the difference. And look at them in tree pose! They rocked the balancing poses.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Your football players look so great. That's most wonderful.