Saturday, March 17, 2007

Love this time of year


I love college basketball and for basketball fans, there is no other time more exciting than March Madness. I got a phone call from my brother on Thursday. He was on his way to Lexington to go to the Louisville game at Rupp and had an extra ticket, he wanted to know if I wanted it. I of course, jumped at the chance to attend a game for the tournament. My brother Joel, is a big U of L fan. Everybody else in my family, they bleed blue. Now, I'm a fan of any team that plays in Kentucky. UK, Louisville, Eastern, I watch them all and I cheer all of them on.
Wow, when we got to that game and saw all the Cards fan, now that was a sight. The Cards had officially taken over Rupp Arena. It was so fascinating. And the energy that you could feel in that arena was just so awesome. I suppose that it's the same as being at a great concert, or a rally for peace, or a church where you feel truly connected, or a great yoga class. There is something great about a group of people that come together with a common interest or a common passion. The energy is there. It has it's own presence and it's swirling all around you. And that's how it felt Thursday at this game. It was truly amazing. And it's a reminder of the power that we have when we gather collectively with a common interest/passion.

No comments: