Saturday, March 10, 2007

Time

"You may delay, but time will not." Benjamin Franklin

Daylight savings time begins tomorrow (or late tonight)! What should I do with the extra hour of daylight? I'm hoping to plant some flowers and continue digging up an area that I plan to plant some veggies. Andy and I were at Lowe's this evening and I got so excited looking at the packets of seeds. They looked so pretty and tasty. We came home and did some work outside. I started digging an area where I'll plant and tenderly care for my veggies. Last year I successfully grew squash and tomatoes, so this year I'm planting those plus others. I remember how much fun it was this summer coming home and seeing my plants living and thriving. And it was so gratifying (and convenient) to walk outside and snag a squash and make a casserole. It's been said that gardening is good for the soul, and I think that I'm beginning to agree.

Check the clock on the photo. I thought this would be very fitting!

2 comments:

C said...

Wow. I totally forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me :)

Amy said...

Just wanted to say "hello". I grew up in Eastern KY in Ashland; I have lived in FL for years now but KY is still dear to my heart. (I have a cousin that lives in Lexington). I will definitely visit often!