Friday, March 02, 2007

Love this...


I got the sweetest email this week from a newbie to the studio. She said she wouldn't mind if I shared on the blog. It's just the kindest email. I'm collecting these emails and cards that I receive from students. At some point I'll put them all in a pretty notebook or journal of some sort. Use it as a reminder for why I'm a yoga teacher. It really is the best "job" I can think of!


"I just wanted to tell you how happy I am that I found your studio. Flow yoga isn't my favorite but I am enjoying your method, your friendliness, the warmth and openness of your studio and students. You have a wonderful atmosphere that is important for yoga studios to attract people who have limitations (excess weight, injuries, the almost elderly). The other reason why I am writing is that I would love it if you give me as much feedback about how I am doing as you feel comfortable doing. I don't mind if you adjust me, it will only help me be a better teacher when I get my own certification.
I have been taking yoga for several years and you are thus far the best teacher I have had. Your style is quite a bit different then others I have had and I have never really had a good fit no matter what the style. So I value your teaching and opinion and want to emulate that when I get on my own way.
Your card was a wonderful and sweet touch that is just what I needed...to feel welcome."

No comments: