Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Integration


Yesterday Andy was taking some yoga pics of me for a sequence I developed for a student. My yoga room is a bit too small to get full body yoga pics, so I opted to use our entry way instead. As soon as I rolled my mat out, both of my dogs (especially the wild one, Remy) thought this was an open invitation to romp around and play. I wasn't ready to play and found myself getting frustrated. In fact, for the longest time I could barely practice at home because my dogs would just go crazy. Thankfully, I can just go upstairs and close my door to practice. And this drives them crazy. Sometimes they cry at the door and other times I can hear them walking around, toenails clicking on the hardwood floor. Since yoga really does mean union or integration, I wonder if there's a better way to incorporate dogs, kids, or our spouses into our yoga practice?

1 comment:

Sharon Tessandori said...

I'm still pondering this Monica....in the meantime, you should join us at the studio for a class.