Saturday, March 03, 2007

Sweat hog or swami...


I found this quiz on yoga journal that I found pretty entertaining. They've divided up the yoga world into "the Kickbutt Workout; the God-is-in-the-details Approach; the Therapeutic Regime; and the Nirvana Express". Which one are you? My practice varies from day to day, depending on how I feel. Some days I want nothing more than to flow for a good hour, gliding from one pose to the next. And the next day I may sit on the floor and do yin yoga for up to an hour. But I definitely consider myself a vinyasa gal. It's a practice that I find motivating, challenging, and satisfying. I also find that it's good for my creative juices. I love coming up with fun, creative sequences to practice and teach in class. I'm actually planning a good sequence for a student that she can practice and home and while traveling. That's a project on the agenda for tomorrow.

No comments: