Thursday, July 21, 2011

seeing with new eyes


"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." ~Marcel Proust

I come back to this quote every time I come back from somewhere special like Tulum. This quote reminds me that I don't have to run off to Tulum or constantly be seeking new adventures in order to live a vibrant and happy life.

Last night Andy and I went on a late walk with the dogs in the cemetery. It was about 9:00 and the sky was simply amazing. Just where the slid had set where the most amazing colors of pink and orange and blue. I said to Andy, "Wow, look at the sky. We didn't have any colors quite this stunning in Tulum."

I have to consciously remind myself of the beauty around me when I come home. In Tulum it's the water and the wind that do it for me. At home it's the trees and the general lushishness of KY. The green. It's so green. Stunning.

We walk our general areas in the cemetery and I tell Andy how much I love the trees here. How the trees are the magic that I stay connected too. Big. Tall. Trees. Towering over top of me. Trees that say,

"It's simple. And you too have come into the world to do this. To go easy, to be filled with light, and to shine. " ~Mary Oliver

And so I'm keeping it all in perspective. Seeing the stunning scenery around me. Seeing my husband and my dogs. Seeing the tree house yogis. Seeing my BFF. All with fresh new eyes.

It's good. You should give it a whirl.

PS - Fundrasier this Saturday from 9:00 - 1:00. Be there. Or be square. ;)

No comments: