Sunday, July 10, 2011

let the yoga party begin



"Patience, patience, patience is what the sea teaches. Patience and faith. One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach waiting for a gift from the sea." ~Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Hola Amigas!

The yoga party (or the reeeetreattt) has officially begun! All 20 super yogis are here, safe, sound, and feeling quite happy if I must say so. Each year I lead this retreat I'm always a little bit concerned about how happy people will think of this place that I find perfect. I never assume people will love it as I do, but I certainly hope they'll find a sliver of the magic that I do here.

And that's what I'm hearing. Everything from a student from CA who said, "When I stepped onto the property I felt connected and relaxed." To the student from home who said, "Oh Sharon it's just perfect, a got teary eyed when I stood in my cabana and looked out to the water."

Happy, happy.

We all met for dinner last night at 6:30 then had an opening after that. We did intros, had a lil chat about the week, answered questions, then did a short restorative practice, finishing up at 9:00. I immeditately drifted back to my cabana and went to bed.

My day started at 5:45 so I could do my own practice before teaching the group at 7:00. We had a nice practice, starting with a slower, but strong practice focusing on the importance of neutral spine and using the core in the practice.

I've now had two delicious meals today (that included lots of delicious mangoes and home-made granola, two of my faves), walked the beach, laid on the beach and read, and now I'm sitting her typing and drinking from a coconut. Sweet, yep.

Two things that made me super happy today include finding a piece of coral shaped like a heart and running in a brief rain storm, making me feel like a giddy kid again.

Much to be giddy about. We're off to an amazing start here in Maya Tulum.

No comments: