Wednesday, November 21, 2007

yoganese


I love the universal language of yoga. Last night we had a great guy from Philadelphia that visited us at Barefoot Works for the Level 2 class. I loved it that he was right up front and didn't miss a beat with any of the class. Once you learn "yoganese" and are familiar with the poses and their English and/or Sanskrit names you can roam from city to city, studio to studio taking classes and feeling like you're part of this great big worldwide yoga community. It really is pretty special.


I'll be taking a little break from the blogging world as Andy and I travel for the holiday. I hope that each of you have a happy and joyous Thanksgiving. I appreciate all of you near and far.
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow. ~Melody Beattie

3 comments:

bella said...

Happy Thanksgiving.
and thanks for sharing this wonderful quote.

Anonymous said...

Yoga is gentle and also a good choice for a beginner. Overall, the goal is to lessen the karma in your life.

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. My family had a wonderful day together and the rest of the day was spent dropping in on friends. How could it get any better than that!
You are so right about the community of yoga. I will catch a couple of classes here at the beach. Really makes me appreciate all that I learn at Barefoot Works!
See you all soon!
irene