Sunday, November 04, 2007

full fun weekend


This has been quite the wonder-full weekend. I haven't blogged because I really haven't even been near my laptop. I left bright and early Friday morning to drive to Whitesburg. It was such a beautiful drive into eastern KY. I got to watch the sunrise while driving on the Mountain Parkway, see the fog lifting off the river in Jackson, and see the most beautiful mist hovering about the mountains in Whitesburg. It was truly breathtaking. So much so, that I was taking pictures while I was driving. For once I found myself very happy to behind the relaxed (or rather slow) drivers on highway 15. It allowed for many more (safe) opportunities to capture the fog. I haven't had a chance to download the photos yet, but will be sure to share. In Whitesburg I spent time with my mom, brother, and the kind tax man. Summit City has turned into a family affair and I've somehow found myself dealing with my least fave part of Barefoot Works....the accounting. But I'm happy as a clam to be working alongside family. It's really quite exciting all the things Summit City is bringing to the mountains of KY.

Saturday Andy and I left bright and early for a workshop in Cincinnati with Will Tuttle, author of World Peace Diet. It was a very interesting, fascinating and enlightening discussion. He hit on one of the points that was pretty much the reason for me going vegetarian. He spoke of the ways in which we place a value on everything, including animals....which are living beings just like we are. We would never eat a horse, dog, or cat. Animals that most people value. But we consider it OK to eat pigs, cows, chickens and such. Even when I ate meat, I didn't like to eat anything with bones. It was much easier for me to disassociate when I was eating boneless chicken. Eventually I chose to view my dogs and the cows that I drive past everyday with the same compassionate eyes. After the workshop Andy and I spent some time at my fave store, did some shopping at the mall, and ate at Maggianos.

Sunday I spent a large portion of the day at the studio catching up on work and cleaning/prepping the studio for our restorative workshop taught by Anita Courtney. The studio was packed with lovely gals ready to renew with some restorative yoga. I had even convinced my sister to drive up from Richmond to participate. When she got to the studio, I was walking out with keys and purse in hand. We had completely filled the studio and there wasn't enough space left for the two of us. We decided that spending time at the bookstore, sipping coffee, catching up, and browsing books and magazines was the next best thing.

I hope that each of you found a way to enjoy this long beautiful day. Was it just me, or did the day seem much longer with the extra hour?!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

love that extra hour sooo much. lovely picture (while you were driving? wow!) peace to you.