Friday, November 16, 2007

good karma photos




Karma (Sanskrit: kárma (help·info), kárman- "act, action, performance"[1]; Pali: kamma) is the concept of "action" or "deed" in Indian religions understood as denoting the entire cycle of cause and effect described in Hindu, Jain, Sikh and Buddhist philosophies.


My dear sweet friend Shelli is hosting a holiday bazaar at her yoga studio this Sunday in Louisville. And I will be there selling my photos! Click here for the scoop. I've been working very diligently in picking them out, framing some, matting others, preparing a fun little statement for the back, and making a good karma card that goes with each one. I pondered what to call my "product". I wanted something that would be representative of me, my photos and what I believe. And I wanted it to be yogic of course. ;-) Good Karma Photos it is!


As I look at each of the photos I've chosen, I can recall the exact location and moment when I took them. Noting I took this one during sunrise as Andy and I left St. George Island to drive back to TX. We were excited for that vacation and excited for the upcoming months because we were moving back home to KY. Oooh and I took this one when my best friend and I happily strolled the streets of London and I took pictures of everything...like the beautiful red roses in a big bucket on the street corner, and this one was taken in Lake Tahoe on the morning of my lovely friends wedding on the beach. And this was was taken on the last morning of our Tulum retreat. I couldn't sleep so I got up at 4:30, waited for the sun to rise and strolled around taking pictures....taking all the beauty in one more time.


These photos remind me of the power of the present moment. I realize now in going back and seeing those photos, how real that ONE moment was when I captured the picture. These photos are infused with all sorts of positive energy and good karmic thoughts. Shouldn't we all be so lucky to be surrounded by pictures and memories that keep our spirits happy?
What I don't sell I'll have at the studio so you too can have the chance to surround yourself with good karma. ;-)

No comments: