Thursday, November 15, 2007

best seat in the house


I'm here at Coffee Times, like I am most Thursdays. I was quite excited when I walked in and found my favorite spot available. It's a hot seat, so it's usually taken...a cozy corner seat, next to the window AND an outlet to plug your laptop in. When this spot is taken (or when I really need to focus) I find my way to the back corner of the coffee shop where I'm not enticed by the action going on outdoors or all the pretty little books, journals, decorations and such.
I've been going through old emails, deleting those that I no longer need and filing those away that I may need. Feels good....kinda like cleaning out your closet and getting rid of the clutter. Each email that I delete feels like I'm throwing an old tshirt in the goodwill pile. I've been looking at stats for my web page, wondering about all the peeps that visit it. Who are you and where do you live? Have you done yoga, or want to? Does the website look friendly and welcoming? Do you love the soft pastel colors or do they remind you too much of Easter? Will you come and take yoga, or just think about taking yoga? I find comfort in knowing and believing that the people that come and do yoga at Barefoot Works are meant to be there.
I'm getting ready to do some planning and prep work for teacher training. It starts in January and I'm so excited. I have ten lovely ladies signed up so far. Ten more gals to go out and teach yoga to the world. I just LOVE it! Here are some moving words to ponder this afternoon...
"In my experience, most people are unhappy because they aren't being honest with themselves. Being truthful with yourself plugs you into your inner power. Whether it's your relationship with money or with a partner, you aren't going to be content or successful until you are connected to your heart and operating with all your energy. Quite simply, by making the right choices from a position of strength rather than weakness, you are bound to be happy."
Suze Orman

No comments: