Monday, September 10, 2007

student x2


That's me! I got to be a student soaking up loads of useful info. today. Ahhh, and I couldn't be more thrilled. I started the first of an eight week Spanish class at the Carnegie Center today. So much fun to be in that type of environment. So much different then the last time I took Spanish in high school. It wasn't nearly as interesting and it seemed much more challenging at that time. We got to choose our Spanish name, which I also remembered doing in high school. In high school I chose Gabriella and today I chose Ana (ah-nah). Much, much fun. Anyway, when I left Mexico in July, that was one of the things I added to my "want to do this year" list. Learn some Spanish. Hopefully when I go back next summer I'll be able to communicate a bit better.
I also took the very first 4:30 Level 1 class with Teresa at the studio. Again, so very wonderful to take the teacher hat off and be a student. Teresa is a dear sweet soul and her love of yoga pours through in her teaching. I will forever be a student of yoga. There is just so much to discover and devour. It's one on the main reasons that I keep coming back to the mat day in and day out. I can't think of any other subject, philosophy, form of exercise, etc. that has held my attention the way yoga does.
Here's to all ways being a student of some sort. Adios Amigos!
"Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another."
Gilbert K. Chesterton

1 comment:

bella said...

I love that you take off your teacher hat and sit on your mat as student.
And bravo on the Spanish.
Being a beginner in anything helps to make you a beginner in everything.