Wednesday, September 26, 2007

living your yoga


"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy and creativity in the learning process" -Einstein

For me personally...yoga, creativity, and joyful living go hand in hand. When I think about all the avenues that there are for me to explore as a yoga teacher (and there are oh so many), this is the one area that really grabs at my heart. After I started doing yoga, I could feel that something deep in me was being stirred and awakened. It was my (creative) spirit, my intuition, and a deep sense that we are all born to be happy, joyful creatures inhabiting this beautiful earth. However, this all to often gets lost during our journey from child to adult.

Yoga provides this amazing outlet for me. It's my way of finding balance (mentally and physically), tapping into my "true" nature, opening my heart and my mind. And my college degrees are in Recreation and Park Administration (more on the recreation side). It's an avenue that seems truly built for me! So please join for a day of discovery and delight. If you plan to register, email me and let me know. The registration deadline is next Monday.

Join Sharon in the historic and charming town of Midway, KY for a half day yoga retreat. Learn how to infuse your life with yoga, both on and off the mat. Sharon will reveal creative and practical ways to weave your yoga into your day-to-day life.

Together we'll dive into a vinyasa practice , stroll over and have lunch at Quirk Cafe, which Southern Living calls a "Midway Marvel". We'll finish the day by discussing and exploring creative exercises to discover what it means to "live your yoga". We'll finish early enough that you will have time to explore the wonderful, eclectic shops that Midway has to offer. Please plan to join in this day of fun, insight, and creative exploration.

Timeline for the day:
9:30 - Presentation of the day and theme, centering, inspirational reading
10:00 - Vinyasa yoga practice
11:30 - Stroll over to Quirk for yummy lunch
12:45 - Discussion of what it means to "live your yoga"
1:30 - Creative activity and discussion/sharing
2:15 - Guided meditation and closing

Saturday October 6, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
Cost: $70(includes yoga instruction, lunch, and supplies)
Location: 208 Dudley St. Midway, KY 40347

No comments: