Tuesday, September 25, 2007

morning practice


My morning practice went something like this:
6 Sun Salutation A
6 Sun Salutation B
Standing Sequence
Warrior 1
Warrior 2
Triangle
Parsvatonasana
Warrior 3 (arms behind back from previous pose)
Down Dog
Repeat with left leg
Side Plank (lift top leg to bottom inner thigh, think tree pose)
Tripod Headstand
Saddle Pose
Purvotanasana
Head to Knee
Seated Forward Fold
Reclined Hand to Big Toe
Corpse
Finished with alternate nostril breathing and mini meditation
I tried to link the poses with pics from Yoga Journal, but their site is down. Sorry :-(
Also, as much as I can, I list the poses with their English translation, but sometimes it's actually easier for me to remember the Sanskrit name as the English translation could be about five words long. Too much, too much. ;-)
The pretty little gal getting married above (and me with a solemn look for some odd reason) is one of my best buds that lives in Seattle now. We worked together in TX and I haven't seen her in over two whole years. Far, far too long. I'm going to Indianapolis tomorrow and we'll get to have some girl time over the next couple days. Yip, Hip, Hooray! I'm hoping to catch a yoga class here and here.

No comments: