Saturday, September 08, 2007

5 reasons why i love these yogi's



1. Not only do they rock on the mat, but they obviously rock in the kitchen. The food that my yogi's brought to the bash was de-licious. I wish I would have taken a photo of the spread, but I didn't. The cake which I brought says "Celebrating 1 Year of Yoga." Yummy cake from McGee's Bakery.




2. I love that one beautiful yogini phones me earlier in the day, saying "I don't think I've asked this question since high school....but what are you wearing tonight?" Oh good I thought, there could have been a lot worse questions to ask. ;-)




3. They'll try anything at least once. Even flying through the air. AcroYoga anyone?






4. They get as excited about Barefoot Works as I do.




5. They stay until late in the evening, post bash, insisting to help me clean and tidy the studio. Thanks Irene. :-)


I did make a favor to give away for the evening, a celebratory cd. Here is the playlist:


*Somewhere Over the Rainbow -Isreal Kam...
*The Rainbow Connection -Sarah McLachlan
*Buffalo Soldier -Bob Marley
*Banana Pancakes -Jack Johnson
*Always Look on the Brightside -Monty Python
*Have a Nice Day- Bon Jovi (we had to have at least one tune!)
*Relax, Take it Easy -MIKA
*Beautiful Day -U2
*When the Stars Go Blue -The Corrs
*This Little Light of Mine -Gospel Dream
*World Spins Madly On -The Weepies
*Beautiful Flower -India Arie
*A Smile Connects Us -Kermit the Frog
*Three Little Birds- Bob Marley
Thank you to all those in attendance, those that sent balloons (thanks Shelli) and those there in heart and spirit. I can't wait to see what the next year holds for all of us.
My very best to all of you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all love you too!!!
What a fun party!
Thanks for the great CD and a wonderful evening.
All the best in your next year at Barefoot Works!

Anonymous said...

That was the same cake I had at the baby shower, with the flowers and everything!! And it was yummy!
Wish I could have come and visited, Congratulations on year 1, I know there will be many more to come! Hope I get to see you soon, before I get to big to breathe.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and I love the cd! It's the perfect companion to a bubble bath (and yoga!).

Anonymous said...

Congratualation on year 1 mama!