Sunday, September 30, 2007

30 reasons


Today is my very best friends 3oth birthday! Here are a few of the reasons why she rocks:
1. She gave me my very first quilt...and made it too.
2. She put up with my crazy college antics.
3. She flew to TX and helped me settle into my apt. after graduate school.
4. She flew to TX and drove my car back when I moved back home to KY.
5. She makes delicious cakes.
6. She engages in big hearty full belly laughs.
7. She helped me tear my space for the studio apart, and put it back together.
8. She puts furniture and things together like nobody's business. Really, it's crazy.
9. She gave me a pt job when I embarked on the journey of becoming a yoga teacher.
10. She always, always thinks of other people first.
11. She's laugh out loud hilarious.
12. She holds out for what she wants in life.
13. She's a dreamer and a believer. Just like myself.
14. She's very animated. And that makes her fun and a very bad liar.
15. She requested a punching bag and pink gloves for her birthday.
16. She's the most helpful person I've ever known.
17. She introduced me to my husband.
18. We've sunbathed in the Dominican Republic and explored the English countryside.
19. She taught me how to wrap the perfect gift.
20. She's loyal.
21. She's a financial whiz of sorts. Quickbooks, checkbooks, she's my definite go to gal.
22. She's witnessed me at my weakest and vice versa.
23. She's great with people. Young, old, male, female...it doesn't matter. People gravitate to her.
24. She can make a dress and lay tile.
25. She's full of willpower. Don't challenge her. She will kick your arse.
26. She sings loudly in her car. To music most of us would never recognize.
27. She loves barns, birthdays, and babies.
28. She made my wedding bouquet.
29. She amuses and amazes me.
30. She's a one of a kind friend. For all seasons and reasons.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Wow! You are the amazing friend. Thank you for everything you did for me this weekend and every other day for the last 12 years.