Wednesday, August 01, 2007

on the road again


I'm leaving tomorrow after my morning class to make my way to Asheville, NC...one of my favorite spots to get away. I'll be going to the Asheville Yoga Center and participating in a Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy Teacher Training. I've been seeing some private clients here recently and I'm super excited about learning new ways of using yoga as a form of therapy, and more about working with clients one-on-one.


I always get so excited about trainings of any sort. And when it comes to yoga, I just want to immerse myself and learn as much as I possibly can. I'll consider myself a student of yoga for as long as I live. Really is there any way that we can ever know everything about this ancient old practice? When you take what you learn on the yoga mat and apply it to your everyday life...at home, at work, in relationships, at the grocery store, shopping, etc. it just keeps evolving. So I am ready to be a yoga student for a few days, take notes, give my full attention, open my mind and heart for new information and knowledge.


And of course, I had to stop by Joseph Beth today to pick up a couple new yoga books for the trip...Yoga as Medicine (appropriately enough) and The Secret Power of Yoga: A Woman's Guide to the Heart and Spirit of the Yoga Sutras.


Today I saw a lady at Sew A Lot and she had the most beautiful jewelry on, which I complimented her on. She said that jewelry and sewing machines are the things she spends money on. I thought for a moment and said, "Well, mine must be books." And that my friend, probably makes Andy a very happy man. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being so cheap Sharon! :>)

Mindy said...

have a wonderful trip. hope when you return you will share some random juicy bits...you're tagged!