Wednesday, August 22, 2007

do good for the day


This morning I was driving to the studio on a beautiful country road. I was behind this big truck, a work truck for a local gutter company. Out of no where the driver pitches what appeared to be a Mountain Dew can out of the window. I was half shocked and fully pissed. I was torn between pulling over and picking up the can and speeding up next to me and expressing myself....in one form or another. And typically, I'm a really understanding person when I'm driving, choosing to think that the person that just cut me off on the road is racing to the hospital to see his child being born, etc. This just helps me more than anything else. But this type of behavior, littering for no good reason, infuriates me.

So I chose a happy place in between pulling over and picking up the can or cursing this man. I drove really close behind him. Close enough that I got his phone number, picked up my cell phone and called the company he worked for. Inside I was hoping that he wasn't the owner, me watching him answer his cell phone while I was driving behind him. Luckily I got the manager of the company. I expressed to her my frustration and gave her the details. She seemed very concerned and said she would deal with the situation. Whether or not she will, I'll never know. But I do know that the phone call left me feeling empowered and satisfied. I felt like I did a little deed to help watch out for our Mother Earth.
So all the litterbugs should watch out for the little yogi driving a little box....I'm watching. ;-)

No comments: