Tuesday, August 21, 2007

be well



Last night after I posted about the "big storm" I went downstairs and turned on the tv. I flipped to The Weather Channel where they were taping from Mexico. At that moment I felt so helpless. I wondered what it must feel like for those people there...specifically in Tulum, just because I feel such a connection to that place. So I did the only thing I knew to do. I went to my yoga room, lit some incense that I purchased in Tulum, sat down in the dark, said some prayers did a meditation.


I didn't even try to quiet my mind in the beginning. I thought about all the people and the things about Tulum that I was so deeply touched by. I thought about the people that work at Maya Tulum. I envisioned Liz with her daughter sitting on her lap as she patiently helped me in checking out. I thought about Victor and our lovely conversations and how willing and able he was in making things right for our group. I thought about Megan and her warmth and kindness. I thought about Fabian and how much he resonated with me. And literally everyone I spoke to about him felt the same way. He had a way of really connecting to everyone that he worked with. I thought about all the other yogi's that know and love this place. I thought about the yogi's that are there right now for teacher training with Bryan Kest. I thought about all the people who haven't been to this special place, but it needs to be there in order for them to know and love it.


So then I let the thoughts go and my meditation went something like this:


Inhale, Be well
Exhale, Tulum


Inhale, Be well
Exhale, Megan (then I proceeded to go through all the names of people I met)


Inhale, Be well
Exhale, Nineteen (it was my cabana)


Inhale, Be well
Exhale, Beach


Inhale, Be Well
Exhale, Yoga Room


Inhale, Please
Exhale...Be well, be well, be well. I thought and dedicated goodness to everything I could recall (even the mangoes, yes I know...kinda silly).

Then I imagined something connecting myself from my yoga room to the beach that I meditated on at Maya Tulum. I didn't want to visualize just a straight line, so I envisioned a rainbow connecting us. Yes, corny as it may sound...that's just what I did. And I figured it was appropriate enough. A rainbow after the storm that would spread all over Mexcio, Tulum and the Mayan people.

Please send well wishes their way. Namaste.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about you and Tulum since I saw the noon news.
My message to you must have been redundant. I hadn't seen your blog from yesterday.
I am hoping to see some good news at 11.
See you tomorrow.
Hang in there.....

Dr. Leigh Ann Simmons said...

Based on what I saw in the paper, it looks like Tulum was spared - your meditation clearly took.