Thursday, August 30, 2007

lovin' this gutsy gal....



So I'm officially adding another blog to my ever expanding list of must reads for the day. It's Kris Carr's Crazy Sexy Cancer blog. I love the way that she embraces and stares adversity smack in the middle of it's scary little face. I am inspired by women like her, and today maybe a bit more than others.

You see I'm currently dealing with some annoying little summer cold. It came on yesterday and when I got home last night just after 8:00, I felt like crap. I laid on the couch, at least excited to watch Kris Carr's documentary on TLC. I even took a shot of Ny Quil, which I rarely do. I'm never sure which is worse...the feeling of being sick, or the feeling of being on the meds. Last night, the meds won. It didn't take long for the ny quil to kick in. I was dozing in and out while the documentary was on. One thing was for sure though...I loved this gal's will power, her strong spirit, and her drive. She simply refused to let canSer (and she tells people to spell it wrong, just to piss the cancer off) win....not even an option.

So here I am dealing with this pesky little cold, thinking I'm the first and last one. Thinking, "Dang it cold, I've gotta be on top of my game. Don't you know that I have things to do and yoga classes to teach?" Whatever Sharon...just get over yourself. The simple truth is that my body is ready for a rest. I just flipped through my planner and I've had two full days off during the seven weeks. So either I choose to take a break, or my body will force me to take a break. So I'm making some changes. I'm not even going to open my laptop on those days that I get home at 8:00 or 9:00 at night, I'm going to make a big effort not to work on Sundays, and I've rearranged my schedule some to try and get some more down time.

I'm finding that when you own your own business, and my business is pretty much a one woman show...it's hard to draw the line and distinguish where work ends and where it begins. And it's extremely challenging to "leave work at work", something that was very easy for me in previous jobs, but I'm at least working in the direction.

Now that I'm embarking on the one year anniversary of the studio, I find myself questioning things like this. Trust me (please universe hear me when I say this ;-) I am not in any way complaining. I am soooo very, very thankful for every single little thing that I have. I think I'm just trying to find more balance.

So a little baby cold. I'm already over it and feelin' better. When I felt my mind shift from, "Geez I feel like crap, I just want to sleep" to. " "Sharon it's a glorious day, just take a look around and be happy." I know it may seem corny, but these things really help me. So peace, happiness, butterflies, and all other corny things...from me straight to you. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We should talk. I have faced the same thing. My business is the same way. I'll share some of the things I have tried to do recently. Interestingly enough, since I started yoga!
Talk soon!
irene

ellen said...

What a lovely space you have created. I hope that you are feeling better.

Sharon Tessandori said...

Thanks for the comments Irene and Ellen. I'm feeling much better today....and I didn't even open my laptop last night. A small victory indeed. :-)

Amy said...

I just watched Kris Carr's documentary last week. I was really touched, she is a true fighter and has an amazing spirit. Very inspiring :)