Thursday, August 09, 2007

doing the work


"The body itself is to reveal the light that's blazing inside your Presence." Rumi

I have a confession....not every yoga practice of mine is full of bliss breaths and sweet surrender. The truth is that there are days when I have to force myself to my yoga mat. I'm like a little child stomping up the steps to my little yoga room. I'm experiencing resistance, but it's more mental than physical.
Luckily for me, I understand this whole concept and I move forward with my practice. I realize that I can show up on my mat and be happy, sad, angry, bored, or confused. But most importantly I allow myself just to "be". I'm there and I'll "do the work". I accept my body and my mind for what it is in that moment. And it never fails, I always finish my practice feeling like the light in me burns a little brighter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that :)