Saturday, September 03, 2011

silence


Why do you stay in prison when
the door is so wide open?
Move outside the tangle of
fear-thinking. Live in silence.
Rumi

Happy Saturday Friends,

I' still feeling quiet and tender these days. Even among the quiet and tenderness, the uncertainty and chaos....there are moments of beauty, peace and joy.

I'm learning a lot these days.
Learning what it means to have faith and trust.
Learning what it means to go with the flow.
Learning what it means to surrender into the unknown.

I've always thought I was pretty good at this in the past. What I've learned is that when it involves that which truly cuts right to the heart, it's more of a challenge.

Of course I knew this. But experiencing it is a whole new thing.

So I'm replacing thoughts of despair with thoughts of hope.
Replacing doubt with faith.
Replacing sorrow with joy.
Replacing darkness with light. (Thank you Pam for this reminder).

Wishing you and yours a lovely, lovely weekend.

No comments: