Wednesday, September 22, 2010

standing in awe


Just a while ago I stepped onto my mat. I kneeled down on my knees. And read a poem by Hafiz. His crazy, ecstatic, beautiful words have a tendency to stop me dead in my tracks. And they did.

What stopped me even more in my tracks was coming to stand on my mat in mountain pose. Bringing hands in front of my heart in a reverent way. Stopping. Eyes closed. Breathing.

Feeling such sense of gratitude and awe for this practice of yoga. For all of it. The ethics, the poses, the breath, the concentration, the meditation. Feeling so very lucky that these ancient yogi's were such brilliant souls. That they took the time to ask the BIG questions in life, to work, study, and experience how the body, mind, and soul could be affected. By poses, food, thoughts, nature and so much more.

That's what I'm thinking and feeling right now in this moment. Am so excited to get to teach two classes and a private session today and share a bit of that wisdom, elegance, and beauty too.

**photo of Sarah and Delia at our old studio. Sweet lil' place it was.**

No comments: