Saturday, January 03, 2009

hola from isla mujeres!

Hi All,

It´s been two sweet days in paradise! My brother (Joel), sister (Rhonda) and I arrived safe and sound Thursday just after 1:00. With a direct flight straight from Cincy to Cancun, Joel and I decided that it´s way too easy to get here. But we are so very lucky for it!

We´ve been hanging out in Isla Mujeres the last two days. Yesterday was an all day beach day. And with the Caribbean waters literally at your feet, it´s easy to chill on the beach all day with a good book in hand. I´ve been reading Iyengars Light on Life and really enjoying. Not considered a beach read to some, but any yoga reads is always a must for me. doesn´t matter where I am. Love it all just the same.

Joel and I went to Om Lounge last night to enjoy drinks and reggae music. Such fun and the place was amazing. I´ll have to dig up some pics and post at a later time. Just imagine the most beautiful lighting, all sorts of circular designs everywhere, loads of cool people, and happy music. And the mojitos were fabulous!

today we rented a golf cart and explored the island. The island is only about five miles long, but we managed to make a whole day of it. Stopping off to take pics, enjoy fresh pineapple juice overlooking the Caribbean, lounging on the beach, enjoying more good eats, and scooting around town.

I´ve managed to fit some yoga into my trip. Rather than schedule my day around my yoga practice, I´ve been fitting it conveniently into my day. Yesterday I practiced some postures while we were on the beach and today I woke early and while the others were sleeping. I rolled my mat and practiced some sun salutations. I think the ujjayi breath may have woke them up. But it was time to greet the day and get going.

Tomorrow we´re gonna have breakfast, pack our things up, take the ferry back to Cancun, and hop a bus to tulum! Yippy! My home away from home! Can´t wait!

I hope each of you are enjoying 2009. It is off to an amazing start and I fully intend to carry on the rest of the year with a sense of excitement and gratitude.

Off to drink iced coffee and write in my journal. Have a sweet day!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds too wonderful! Enjoy every minute and bring a little sunshine back to us pale faces at home. Can't wait to see you and the new studio in the new year!
Hugs!
Namaste'
Irene

Emily said...

Sharon, I'm so glad you got a chance to post about your adventures. I just got a copy of "Light on Life" and am getting ready to start reading it too! Enjoy soaking in the sunshine and beautiful weather!