Wednesday, January 21, 2009

sunrise and sweet treats

Today I took a little trip over the hills and through the woods, not to grandma's house but to meet my sister in Richmond at Starbucks. When I drive this back way to Richmond there is always a spot that I love to see.

A little hill.
White fence.
Matching barn.
Always picturesque.
And with this mornings sunrise and a dusting of snow it was so very beautiful. I pulled over to take a few pics like so many other times.


I got to cross the river on the tiny ferry that only fits three cars....or sometimes four if you've got a box like mine. This morning the fog was hovering above the water and some geese were splashing about. Sorry I didn't get out to capture it. It was cold. But trust me, if too was beautiful. :-)
Made my way to the Starbucks where I had absolutely no intention to get a sweet treat.....just a tasty drink. But when I saw their seasonal scrumptious looking cupcakes, I couldn't resist. Neither could my sister. So we split a double chocolate one and a vanilla bean. They were both delicious. But the chocolate takes the cake....the cupcake that is.
And the rest of my day was equally satisfying and yummy. Hopes yours was too.

No comments: