Tuesday, January 06, 2009

sweat lodge, shamans, and ruins

We´ve been in Tulum since about noon on Sunday. I´ve been doing yoga on my own plus taking class. I took a yoga class where we´re staying (Copal) yesterday. It´s great cause the yoga is included in the stay. Many of the places here in Tulum offer yoga and meditation. So again, I heart it here. I´m taking a yoga class later today at Maya Tulum.

Yesterday I had the great experience of getting a holistic massage with Fabian at Maya Tulum. It is my fave massage with my fave therapist (who also happens to be a third generation shaman). Jeanne and Tracy will agree that he alone is enough reason to travel to Tulum. Today I´m having a treatment with another shaman at Copal. From what I hear and read, he´s even better known than Fabian. I shall see today. ;-)

We got up early this morning and got to the Tulum ruins just before they opened at 8:00. Unlike the last time I vistited, it was not crowded, so hot that my camera decided to die, and I didn´t get lost. Tracy you would have been quite happy with today´s trek. It made for a much more sweet experience. And I got some great pics to share. Love this sacred land......

Joel, Rhonda and I are enjoying this rare chance to travel and connect on this level. Joel loved sharing Isla Mujeres and I love sharing Tulum with them. Everyone seems surprised when we tell them we are siblings taking a trip together....and more surprised when they learn that our spouses are at home! Thanks again Andy. ;-)

I know that Teresa, Sarah, and Emily are taking great care of you guys at Barefoot Works. I´m so excited to get back and get going with teacher training and the new studio. I´m officially ready to roll into the new year!! Great things are in store. I´m so very sure of it........

Adios!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fabian! Sounds wonderful! Miss you bunches back here in the cold!
Can't wait to hear every detail. Safe travels, see you soon!
Hugs!
Irene