Saturday, January 17, 2009

hOMe sweet hOMe

As you can see the move yesterday was a complete success! Moving on the coldest day of the year couldn't even bring me down. Although I have to say that poor Andy was the one making the trips back and forth moving things while I organized. Teresa, Sarah and Emily all came over and helped out yesterday which so very nice. Have I told ya'll lately that I have the MOST amazing and special yoga teachers around? Yes, it's true. They are truly lovely.

This whole process would never have happened without the help of family and friends. It took just over two months for the transformation. While we didn't do any major renovations, everything that was completed was done by myself, family, and friends. It was a labor of love for me....and the others labored because of their love for me (that and my persistence).

The first class at the new space was great. I was glad everyone seemed to find the space ok.....even without any signage. The sign peeps couldn't come out yesterday as it was "too cold". The only mis-hap was the coat rack sliding out of the wall when one too many coats was placed upon it. Hey, if that's the worse.....it's a mighty fine day.

Twenty two yogis showed up for the 9:15 class this morning and at the old space we would have been oh so tight and cozy. In this space we had room to let our "swan dives" be as wide and open as needed. And for the practice we spend a lot of time making circular movements and moving around on our mats in all directions. I thought it was appropriate for the new sorta circular space.

Everyone was super sweet and excited to practice in the new space. I was reassured when a few people told me they were a little nervous about the size of the space and "all those mirrors", saying that the space felt so cozy and peaceful. A number of people said the space will make then even more likely to get in for yoga class.

Which was one of my hopes with this new space. You see, we have the absolute best yogis joining us at Barefoot Works and they (you) deserve nothing but the best.
I was ready to have a space that will
inspire,
uplift,
and motivate you.

I was ready to have a space that will be
peaceful
zen-like
and comfortable.

I think we've achieved that.
I hope that you enjoy this studio and this space half as much as I do.
I think it's quite magical.
Enjoy........







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting!
I can't wait to see it in person. You must be so proud and you so deserve to be! Barefoot Works has really grown and so have all of us for being a small part of it.
Enjoy this new adventure!
irene