Tuesday, October 14, 2008

instead of wishing for something else, how can I embrace what I have?


I fully admit that this is a tough one for me. I’ve spent a good deal of my 31 years wishing I had something different that what I currently had. First it was the clothes, then the body, then a job, a home, a pose, and well you probably get the picture. What I’ve realized is that I’m tired of feeling “not enough”. It’s not worth my time or energy. I’ve realized that each of us have a limited amount of time on this beautiful earth and we should use this time wisely. Let’s all spend more time playing, laughing, loving, moving and connecting.

Pose: Standing Forward Bend – If there ever was a pose I see people reaching and struggling in, it’s this one. Please, quit pushing yourself to get your fingers to the floor. Let your hands rest on your knees, shins, ankles, or whatever. Just embrace your pose (and your hamstrings) for what it is.

Challenge: Write down ten things you have in your life right now that you can fully appreciate and maybe even embrace.

*Photo from Yoga Journal

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sharon, I think you hit the nail on the head today. That list of things you wish for....it's like I wrote it. Thanks for reminding me to think of the good stuff as well.