Monday, October 13, 2008

how can I live more deliberately?


This is the first inquiry as we think of yoga as a means of self discovery
It’s easy to drift in and out of our days. Before we know it, they all look and feel the same. Are you spending your days operating on autopilot or are you making a clear and conscious effort to come alive and live deliberately? What would it mean for you to live more deliberately? I imagine it would vary for each of us. Allow yourself some time to ponder the question and write down what comes to mind.

Pose: Dancer Pose - It’s impossible to practice this pose and be on autopilot for it requires you to be open, available and truly present. How alive can you feel in your pose? Practice with a wall if you feel this pose is a little out of your league for today.

Challenge: Go public with how you’ll live more deliberately. Tell a friend, tell your mom, or tell us here on the blog. Maybe it's one small step, or maybe it's a big leap that you've been scared to take. Why state it out loud? Because you’re more likely to make changes when others are holding you accountable. And you're putting it out there for the universe to hear. ;-)

Let me know if you discover anything!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK here goes!
I first went to the dictionary to study a bit about all the things that "deliberate" can mean. One interesting thing that I see as I type the word is that the word "Liberate" is part of the word deliberate. In looking at definations I see "considered and planned", "intentional", "careful and thorough" and "leisurely or slow".
Now that I am sure of what I am going for I try Dancer Pose (one of the prettiest poses, I think) and with the help of my chair I am successful - though not as graceful as Tracey! As I think about what it means to "live more deliberatley" I realize that I have been trying to take that path more since I have been in Yoga!
Putting my yoga classes on my calendar (like appointments to be kept) and taking more time to do and explore things that are important to me have lead me on a more deliberate path. I have really tried to focus on balancing all the activities in my life instead of just fitting them in around work.
This exercise will help me to continue that!
Thanks!
irene