Wednesday, December 12, 2007

peppermint bark


I discovered this recipe this weekend while flipping through an old Martha Stewart Christmas book. I made it for a gathering at my house on Monday and it was really, really good. Of course, I do love white chocolate!
2 pounds white chocolate (I used morsels. Chop into small pieces if you use bars)
12 large candy canes
1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil
1. Line a 11 by 17 inch baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Use a double boiler, melt the white chocolate, stirring constantly. I don't have a double boiler so I used a metal bowl over a big pot of boiling water.
3. Cut or pound (the method I prefer, much more fun) candy cane into small pieces.
4. Stir the pieces of candy canes and peppermint oil into the melted chocolate. Remove, pour onto baking sheet and spread evenly. Wait until it's firm, 25 to 30 minutes. Break into pieces and you're done! Put in pretty little tins or boxes, include the recipe, wrap with a big bow and you have a wonderful gift to give.
Enjoy some yummy peppermint bark when you join in a class at the studio today. Come at 12:00 for an hour long Express Yoga or 6:00 tonight for Yin Yoga.
PS - I know that many of you are taking (and giving) finals at UK this week! My thoughts are with ya'll. Best of luck. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum!
Wonder if it would work to also use a layer of dark chocolate as well - for a two toned bark.
May have to give that a try next week. I love this candy too and it is so expensive at the gourmet stores. Thanks for sharing!
irene