Tuesday, December 18, 2007

day two to do good


Today's "do good" deed was a little more local to myself and some of you blog readers. It was in Patchen Village, where the studio is located. This past Saturday, Leigh Ann and myself spent several hours making, baking and decorating cookies. We actually ran out of time and I had to leave poor Leigh Ann with a heap of cookies, brownies and tins (thanks LA for finishing up)! She was kind enough to finish it up and place the baked goods in tins, which I shared with my neighbors around the studio. They were delighted to be greeted with yummy, homemade baked goods. Who isnt, right?!
After sharing the yummies I grabbed a bag, layered up and made my way outside. I walked around Patchen Village collecting garbage....little plastics bags, straw wrappers, paper items, candy wrappers, and more than one beer can. Sometimes I'm amazed at the things that people choose to discard on the ground.
I had some time to go for a walk in the neighborhood before my 5:45 class. You know, some time to think about the "do good" deed. I found myself thinking about how much I really do believe in the whole concept of small actions one day equaling grand results. Although the things I did today were quite small and local and required little time and no money, it counts. I think we each have a chance to create an impact on everyone we meet, at every encounter. That impact can be very positive or it can be very negative. When we choose to spread positive vibes, that person will more than likely spread postive vibes to the people they encounter. What starts as a ripple grows into a big wave, spreading to all areas and all four corners of the earth with time.
Cheers....raise a glass and if you did some good today (big or small), wrap your arms around yourself and squeeze. You count and your actions count. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your "do good" ideas ... I'm so inspired to do the same! I agree that little positive things can make a huge difference.

Can't wait to see what's next!
Jen