Wednesday, December 19, 2007

day three to do good

Sadly, today's original effort to do good wasn't fully realized, or really even partly realized. I had picked up this really great idea from Keri Smith and I was quite excited to see it through. So I'll share my plan with you in hopes that you might choose to do it. Here are the very detailed directions:

1. Take a piece of paper and cut it into small strips.
2. Hand write a very lovely message on each strip. Think "you are beautiful" and "good things are coming your way today" and "share the cheer".
3. Drop the messages in random places throughout your day.
3. Feel happy knowing that you put a smile on a stranger's face.

When I realized that I wouldn't have the time to do today's original do good deed, I improvised. I let people out in front of me in traffic, I gave away a parking space, and when I spoke with people (from the repair guy who came to my studio for the internet to the sales associate at Marshall's) today I made the biggest effort to connect and mentally and physically be 100% present. I gave each of them the gift of presence. Really, who doesn't want that?

No comments: