Sunday, October 14, 2007

full


"My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can." Cary Grant


Weekends like the one I just experienced leave me feeling so full, so content and really quite satisfied. I spent a good portion of this weekend at home, planting over a dozen plants given to me by Wyman, cleaning and decorating the house for fall, playing outside with the dogs, reading, cooking and spending some time on the laptop doing work. When I wasn't at home I was teaching the Saturday morning flow class (which I looove), having coffee with a friend at Panera, and enjoying brunch at Alfalfas's with a this great guy and gal.


Yes, it's the simple weekends like this that leave me with a sense of peace and relaxation. I often dream about living out in the country with loads of land to call my own. I grew up in an area with no one else in sight. It was us and the hills, surrounding and sheltering us in all directions. It seemed like the land was ours for the taking, to do and play as we pleased. I find myself returning their often in my mind.
I wonder how I would fill my days as an adult. I imagine that I would escape for hours with my camera and a pb&j sandwich in hand. I would take pictures of random things and find beauty in the ordinary. Along the way I would probably find some rocks and twigs that I would tote back to my cottage in the woods and use to decorate the mantle. I'd go to my organic garden and pick some tomatoes and basil to use for dinner that night (never mind that none of my veggies survived this year because I planted them waaay too early ;-) Later that night after dinner, Andy and I would sit out on our wrap around porch with reading material in hand, enjoy a glass of wine and watch the fireflies dance around into the night.
Hey, a girl can dream right? Here's to the start of what's bound to be a great week here in KY. Cheers :-)

No comments: