Wednesday, July 18, 2007

the best yet

I had the best, most amazing massage last night. The spa here at Maya Tulum is a world renowned spa. And now I can see why. They offer such a variety of treatments, including the most popular ones that we have at home. But they offer so much more. Shelli had a mayan clay massage where they used local clay that they slathered all over her, massaged and let it dry. The best part was that she got to go the ocean and rinse it all off. I heard she looked like some sort of goddess and she pranced from her massage room and down to the beach...sheet floating around her and hair blowing in the wind ;-) Tracy is having a massage where they use local honey and I had the holistic massage last night. I loved it so much that I have scheduled another one for Friday.

As a group we are doing a whole detox last night, complete with a sweat lodge. It lasts 2.5 hours and we get fresh fruit and hot tea afterwards. We have heard and read great things about it. I will let you know how it goes.

I have been waking up around 6:00 in the morning. I decided yesterday to get up and greet the sun this morning. So around 6:00ish this morning I took the 23 steps from my cabana to the beach (yes I have counted) and did a whole lotta sun salutations on the beach, with the sun coming up over the water directly in front of me. It was beautiful, to say the very least. I finished with a nice meditation, then left me feeling like the luckiest person in the whole world.

How are the yogis in Lexington doing?

5 comments:

jaime said...

You're writing these blogs just to make us feel jealous aren't you! It sounds soooo wonderful and I'm happy for you all that you're having such a great time. I can't wait to see your pictures!

Anonymous said...

Jaime, I think she is too. Can't wait to see you when you get home.

teresa said...

?Qué pasa buenos yogis? (or something like that...)

I'm really enjoying the blog, Sharon -- and we all miss you :))))

Last night during the Yin class, a huge thunderstorm blew through. Instead of a meditation, we listened to the rain.

Totally envious of the spa stuff:>(( and of sun salutations on the beach. I love doing yoga by the ocean.

Take care, enjoy, pamper yourselves, hug everyone.
Hasta la vista,
big hugs and love,
Teresa

Sharon Tessandori said...

Of course not Jaime! I would never do that ;-) But lets just say that I will be back here next year. This is a very special place.

That being said, I do miss all of you and it will feel good to teach back at Barefoot Works.

No post today....really wanting to soak up everything here before I return home. Peace to all of you.

Elizabeth said...

You will be spoiled rotten when you get home. We won't know what to do with you.