Saturday, April 14, 2007

bits & pieces of a fun friday


Started with this at my pottery class.
Got to here and I started to see a pitcher take shape. You have to use your imagination.
And I finished with this pretty pitcher! Can I just say that I looove this piece?! It's my most favorite piece yet! Now I'm not one to openly confess about loving something so much that I've created. But this pitcher.... it's cool, and pretty, and flowy, and graceful, and balanced. You too can create a pretty pitcher by taking a class with the very talented Wyman here.
I also finished these curtains and put them up at the studio (check the box out in the the background). I started them on Tuesday thinking I'd whip them together in an hour or so and have them up in time for Tuesday evening's class. I would have finished in time if I hadn't serged up the wrong sides of the fabric together. Ooops. Martha Stewart, I'm not. Instead of ripping the thread out, I opted to cut the edges off. I love the Amy Butler fabric. I finished them up yesterday with the help of the sewing gurus out at Hamburg.

And to top the day off, my amazing friend Shelli came from Louisville and led a yoga nidra workshop that was relaxing and rejuvenating. I got to be a student for the evening and that made me very happy. The studio was packed out with yogi's lying on their mats with blankets covering and cradling their bodies while Shelli used guided imagery and body scanning to help us release physically and psychologically. Very nice.

Have a happy weekend. Stay dry...and warm. The rain is supposed to turn to snow tomorrow. Gotta love KY weather ;-)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That pitcher looks awesome. You've inspired Brenda and I. And here's a blog for you to look at (you're not the only one looking for fun blogs.)

www.annamariahorner.blogspot.com

Sharon Tessandori said...

Ahh, thanks Liz :-) That website is too fun! Are you planning to get her fabric? I hope so.

Here's another fun blog to visit for any other fabric lovers. It's worth it just to get a glimpse of her colorful pictures. All these cool gals with the greatest fabric. So awesome!

www.heatherbailey.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that I missed the yoga nidra workshop! It sounds fabulous.

That being said, greetings from the Philippines! This morning I did my yoga practice in a hotel room overlooking the beautiful Pacific Ocean. It doesn't get much better than that!