Monday, April 02, 2007

Brought out the boots in Nashville




Andy and I journeyed over (and down) to Nashville over the weekend to indulge in music, drinks, shopping, and of course...food. Friday night the boots came out for the Lucinda Williams concert (check out the Capital behind our boots). We did dash into Legends Music Bar before the concert to enjoy some live music and a couple of drinks. We also enjoyed a most delicious pizza at the bar. At the time, it was the best pizza ever. We wondered if it was because we were starving or feeling good from the drinks. Maybe a combination of both. And as always, Lucinda was great. Seeing her at the Ryman Auditorium was a real treat. It was very intimate and Lucinda was only about 50 feet away from us. I love the cozy feeling of these smaller shows.




Saturday morning rolled around quite quickly and I had a 9:00 class I wanted to attend at Yoga Source. I was so excited to get my vinyasa groove on. I had my mapquest directions and yoga mat in hand and was pleased that the studio was in walking distance at just over a half mile away. Andy decided to accompany me in the walk over. So if you, like me, have had problems with mapquest directions then you'll know what I mean when I say they were totally off. Completely. I left in plenty enough time to get to the studio, fill out any paperwork, and pay my drop-in fee. I even added extra time so that I would arrive with enough time to get settled onto my mat. The directions were so off. Time was running out. We picked up the pace as time was drawing closer to class time. And I'm not sure if it was the pizza or the drinks (again, probably a combination of both) but the near sprint we were in was not jiving with my belly. We finally found the building as class was beginning. Oh well I thought, I'll just come back later in the day for the restorative yoga class. Not so much. When I arrived later in the day, a sign was placed on the door "No Restorative Yoga Class Today". It just wasn't meant to be. The studio did look lovely through the glass door.




We did do some shopping and walking in the Hillsboro Village. We also enjoyed lunch outside at a great cafe. This area has some really eclectic shops that were great fun. Check out these cute storefronts. I fell in love with these precious ruffle aprons at a store called Social Graces. I think you can see them hanging in the window. Who wouldn't want to cook more in one of these cutey aprons? I also visited the Frist Center for the Visual Arts where they are showcasing the work of Picasso and Matisse. This was pretty amazing. It really is something to stand and look at this amazing artwork from the early twentieth century that signifies so much. It was also a great art deco building with a great flow from room to room.
Ahh, the joys of getting away for the weekend and exploring another city. Nothing like it to revive your senses!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How much fun! I'm glad you and Andy had such a good time.

Amy said...

Looks like a good time and yes, I would love to cook in those aprons!