Thursday, April 19, 2007

why didn't i think of that?



Last night before the yin yoga class Rachel showed me her handy dandy "hand drying cloth" that was made by her grandmother in-law who lives in Japan. I'm not sure of the official name, or even if there is one. She tells me that it's common and even cool for people to carry their own cloths in their purse or bags to dry their hands with. She said that most places don't have hand dryers in the restroom, so people just carry something to dry their hands with. She thought that I would appreciate this since we use hand towels at the studio to dry our hands with. But I love this idea of having your very own that you carry with you. How smart, and earth friendly is that? This allows us to save energy and eliminate waste from throwing paper towels away. I think it's quite brilliant. I'm actually participating on a tele conference calls with another group of green yoga studio owners today. I definitely plan to share this great tip. I think I will go out and buy several little washcloths and embroider something pretty on them to carry around.

These are before and after pictures that I took a couple weeks ago. I was driving home on the Mountain Parkway to Eastern Ky and I had completely forgotten how beautiful of a drive it was with all the dogwoods and redbuds blooming. The sun was shining and it was a picture perfect day. I was so enamored with the beauty that as I'm driving I was taking pictures (I don't recommend doing this). However, when I left at 8:30 that night it was a near blizzard and all the pretty blooms were covered with snow. Mother Nature, she always has the upper hand.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yikes, near blizzard! I like the idea of the hand towels too, especially with little ones and colds..I'm always thinking like a mom :)