Thursday, April 12, 2007

love the newbies


It's been a long day. After five hours of teaching yoga, my body, voice and mind are ready for a little break. But it was such a good day. I had the great pleasure of teaching a group of great ladies at a workplace today and they were truly delightful. Teaching people that are brand new to yoga can be a very fun and rewarding experience. It's fun to see people do things they couldn't imagine doing and bending their bodies in ways they haven't bended in years. It's really great to see that look of "aha" in a pose...when you say something that just clicks with them. I witnessed this several times this evening.
I also taught my yoga basics class this evening and was so delighted when one of the gals said "I'm getting more comfortable in the poses and I can feel that I'm improving." It's a wonderful thing to teach people to become comfortable with the poses and their body and to teach people to move in a mindful way connecting their breath to movements, and ultimately their mind and their body. Good stuff....for sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon!
I think I saw myself in your comment. I really do feel that I am seeing progress in my yoga practice. Thanks for being such a caring and understanding teacher. I love it when your reassure us by saying "no worries". Hope to see you Thursday. Remind me to tell you about how I have connected my mother and her wisdom with our yoga practice. irene